In astrology, the planets are celestial bodies that are always in movement, interacting with each other and activating specific parts of our areas of life.
- The planets in astrology represent archetypal energies in their elemental state.
- The sign they are in tells us about the way in which these elemental energies manifest themselves.
- The aspects they receive tell us about interactions between elemental energies that produce specific results.
Planets in the Elements
The elements where the planets meet tell us about the way in which these elemental energies manifest themselves.
- The planets in fire signs have expressive capacity and enter into relationship with the environment through impulses.
- The planets in signs of Earth have the ability to materialize and enter into relationship with the environment through practicality.
- The planets in signs of Air have objective capacity and come into relation with the environment through mental processes.
- The planets in Water signs have empathic capacity and enter into relationship with the environment through emotions.
The sun represents the essence of Being.
The Moon represents emotion. The emotional body and everything that is contained in it (the unconscious).
Mercury represents our mental processes.
Venus represents our perception through the senses.
Mars represents action. Our will. How we assert ourselves.
Jupiter represents the force of expansion, that which makes us leave the known to explore new territories.
Saturn represents structuring. The prestige. Consolidation.
Uranus represents the thunder. It is the force that creates spaces for the new.
Neptune represents the dissolution of the Self. Wholeness. Integration.
Pluto represents transformation. Chemical processes.
The nodes of the moon represent the axis of our personal evolution.